Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm not sure I can do this...

I might go stay with my mom for a few days. L decided that he was going to have a "sleepover" at a friend's new house. Sleepover, of course, means that he and all his friends are going to get super-drunk and stay up all night playing beer pong. Yes, L is 28 years old. No, he does not have a job. No, he hasn't paid a single bill in over 4 months. I totally understand that he needs time to de-stress and relax.

When he left tonight around 7, he said he would call me before bed. I assumed that he meant he would call me around my bedtime, which is 10:30 or so. No. 10:30 comes and goes - no call. So I called him. No answer. Paged him. No call back. Texted him. Nothing.

Now, maybe it's the hormones, but I am PG. With twins. If I call my fucking husband, he should call me back within a relatively short time. What if something was wrong? 2 hours and many texts later, he finally called me back. And was an asshole. "What do you want?" "You said you would call me." "It's not bedtime yet." Um, it's almost midnight. It is actually past my bedtime. "Oh, I didn't realize it was that late."

I mean that makes sense - I'm sure he was so busy playing beer pong he couldn't possibly check his phone for 2 hours. I said I guess if I have an emergency and have to go to the hospital, I should call my mom.

"Yep."

Hell fucking no. If I wasn't so tired right now, I would be gone. His friends and drinking are so important, he can just concentrate on them - he shouldn't have to worry about me distracting him from having fun.

5 comments:

  1. If it was possible, I'd reach through the computer and smack him for you. I can only imagine the frustration and anger. ((hugs)) Hopefully he'll realize what a jerk he's being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how angry and frustrated you are. I think its seriously time for a come to jesus talk with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I hope this is just a stupid phase he is going through. Hang in there and sending you big virtual e-Hugs!

    ReplyDelete