Monday, November 16, 2009

Hurry up and wait

I went in for my second growth scan at my new MFM office, since the old one is "feuding" with Humana and my bills were not being paid.

Last month, my appt. was at 8:40 and didn't leave the office until almost noon.

Today, my appt. was at 9:20. At 9:30, they called me up to register me and before I even sat down I asked how long the wait was. They told me it would be 40 minutes until I was called. Now, with 2 people ahead of me - meaning "in the waiting room" ahead of me, not "currently being seen" ahead of me - you can FRO with your 40 minutes. I'm sure it would have been twice that since, at my last appt., 20 minutes turned into over an hour.

Sorry, folks, I work, and so does MH. By the time I would have gotten back to be seen, he would have had to leave, and I would have missed another half-day of work.

Why even bother scheduling appointments if you aren't going to adhere to any kind of schedule? And if you are that far behind, fu.cking call people and say, "Hey, we are way behind. Hold of for about 30 minutes before coming in, or reschedule."

So I just left. Not sure what I'm going to do now. I really don't want to go back there, but I don't have much choice. I guess I will call back and reschedule for tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment